The AARP tax aide service is designed for lower-income people with simple returns but available to all income levels filing a simple return. Tax volunteers may refuse to complete a tax return for any reason.
One hour appointments are available on:
Wednesdays, Feb. 4 thru April 15 at
- 12:30 pm
- 1:30 pm
- 2:30 pm
- 3:30 pm
Saturdays, Feb. 7 thru April 11 at
- 11:15 am
- 1:15 pm
24 hour notice is expected if you need to cancel.
Simple returns may not include:
- Real estate rental or trust income, other than some K trusts.
- Foreign income.
- Military income with or without housing or travel expenses.
- Hand-written investment or memorized tax data can not be accepted.
- State tax returns for states other than Connecticut.
Simple returns may include:
- Sch. D (Capital Gains) and one page (up to 24 transactions) of Schedule D1 only.
- Limited self-employment returns Sch.C (Net Profit from Business) with no employees and total expenses not to exceed $10,000.
Please bring to your appointment:
- Social Security cards for all that are on the tax return (including dependents),
- Photo ID for the taxpayer and spouse,
- Birth Certificates for all dependents,
- All W-2s, 1099s and other forms,
- Car and property tax documents,
- Interest earned on investments including original costs of stocks,
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- A check if you wish to have your refund deposited in your account.
- For the Affordable Care Act, if you purchased from Access Health CT bring Form 1095-A.
- For other insurance bring some proof of insurance for the months that you were covered in 2014.
- For those on Medicare, Form SSA-1099 should be adequate.
More information may be required based on your circumstances.
Call the Avon Library Reference Desk for an appointment
860-673-9712 ext. 4