Public computers are available in the adult, teen, and children areas. PCs and Macs are both available. All computers have access to library catalogs, high speed access to the Internet, online research databases, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher). Documents should be saved to flash drives or discs. Network printers are available for printouts at $.15 cents per page for black & white, $.50 per page for color.
For users with their own laptop computers, WiFi access is available at all locations throughout the library and outside in the courtyard and parking lot.
Most standard wireless devices will connect automatically to the wireless network, but if you have any questions about changing settings, ask for help at the Reference Desk.
Log in to Wi-Fi
- Choose the Wi-Fi connection, “Avon Public Wireless”
- Open an internet browser and go to the address, 192.168.11.1
- Sign in with your library card number. If you don’t have your library card, you can get a guest pass from any of the Library service desks.
- Available from Windows and Mac computers, iOS and Android devices.
- The printers are located in the computer area on the first floor.
How to print from WiFi
- Go to the WiFi login page, 192.168.11.1. Make sure that you are signed in.
- Find the appropriate installer listed for your device and follow the instructions to install the driver, if needed.
- Print your document, selecting “WirelessPrt” as the printer.
- Go to the Mac and Wireless Print Station in the computer area on the first floor of the library and log in the same way that you logged into the WiFi.
- You should see a list of documents that you have sent to the printer. Select the document to print. Printing is $.15 per page. If you need to add money to your account, you can go to one of the Library service desks.